Professional Sommelier Program
CAPS and ASI Certified.
Our Sommelier Diploma prepares you for the demands of the Sommelier profession. The Diploma is a modular set of comprehensive programs of instruction—not just an exam—that provides a professional grounding in wine and drinks theory, tasting and service. CAPS/ACSP certified Sommeliers are recognized internationally in the 55 countries of the ASI (Association de la Sommellerie Internationale).
Prerequisite: WSET Level 3 Award in Wines & Spirits (or the new WSET Level 3 Award in Wines), or WDCM Sommelier Certificate, or an equivalent in education and experience, determined by WDCM. The Province of Manitoba Smart Choices/ Serving it Safe certificate will also be required as either pre-requisite or co-requisite.
The modules will include:
- Core studies: Sommelier Tasting Toolbox sensory analysis), wine production, and wine styles
- Classic Europe: Study Old World wines on a backdrop of important classic wines and the cultures, influences and rules that helped form them
- The New World: North and South America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and beyond
- Beer, Spirits and other beverages
- Sommelier management: the business of being a sommelier
Duration: 8 classroom contact hours, per week over 12 months (non-consecutive), plus a work-placement stage and project work.
For more information about upcoming Professional Sommelier Program classes, please email email@example.com.